Monday 17 April 2017

Easter in Aachen

This was a quite rare project for a modern symphony orchestra.
I was asked to help in harpsichord and organ continuo, because the Aachen Sinfonieorchester was plaining to give a concert with period-instruments, in 415Hz.
So I was so curious to play with them...and it was...., ja...., interesting... ;)

The concert went quite well and I am glad about it.

However, when I think - how to make music together, we all need a similar purpose and passion to realise what the composer wrote. If not, the music will only be boring, this is a pity. 
Only for practical reasons, I sometimes say 'modern' instrument, 'modern' player, 'baroque' player, etc., etc, but this is only a matter of fact. There is no real difference of musicianship between them. Because the process of making music is similar, we just have a slightly different language to express.
So I wish both, people belonging to the modern main-stream department or the early music could hear each other and respect each profession, instead of ignore - or refuse each other. 
Music is just eternal, we don't have to have any personal sentiment against one another, 
when we play together...!



Anyway, after the concert I became more happy.
Also, because, we got some very sweet, french style cakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment